NUEVO LIBRO: Sueños en el abismo

NUEVO LIBRO: Sueños en el abismo
Sueños en el abismo. 13+1 relatos de terror y misterio.

viernes, 12 de marzo de 2010

Interview - BLOODLIGHTS



Martín: Hi Captain Poon! First of all let us know about the origin of the BLOODLIGHTS and your past in GLUECIFER.

Captain Poon: Hola amigo, Captain Poon here! Bloodlights was born when a couple of the guys in Gluecifer told me they wanted to leave the band. It didn’t take me more than two minutes to find out what to do next. I wanted to form a new band with new people and continue doing what I love more than anything in the world.
I found some great guys who loves this as much as I do, and that’s how Bloodlights was born.

M: Your new album “Simple Pleasures” have been released under the Spanish label Lengua Armada. How did you contact with this label? Are you satisfied?

CP: It was actually our Spanish booking agent who came up with the suggestion to contact Lengua Armada. When they heard the record I got the most enthusiastic response ever, and this made me very convinced it would be the right label for us.
Before Christmas I was living in Madrid for a couple of months and I got to know the guy who runs the label. I have never in my life met a guy who loves music more than he does.

Lengua Armada is doing a great job for us, and hopefully this will put us in a good position to reach out to the fabulous rockeros of Spain.

M: The main style of the album remains the Scandinavian Rock in the vein of bands such as GLUECIFER, HELLACOPTERS, TURBONEGRO... Do you feel inside this label of Scandinavian Rock ´n Roll? How do you define your own music?
CP: Because I wrote most of the music in Gluecifer of course I was a big part of what the media defined as the Scandinavian rock sound. Personally I don’t really care too much about this term, but for the media it’s always very important to find a bag where they can put the band and the music.

For me it’s just rock´n´roll and that’s the only way for me to describe Bloodlights and our music. Bloodlights is a band influenced by all the good things, 70´s punk and classic rock, and a little bit of the heavy metal bands on top.



M: You the main composer of the songs in this album, what themes inspired you to write the songs?

CP: I can get inspired by anything. Now when I write all the lyrics and the music I think it’s easier to find inspiration than before.
I don’t always have to sit down with my guitar to write a song, the ideas can come from anywhere. A book, a movie, a conversation or a concert, whatever that entertains me can be a great source of inspiration.

M: Tell us about the recording sessions and the production of “Simple Pleasures”.

CP: We were touring a lot when we were recording the album and we went in and out of the studio and did many sessions. For me this is the best way to record an album, cause I get bored very easily if I stay in the studio for too long. I love being in the studio and I can work 18 hours a day non-stop, but if I have to stay there for too long I lose my inspiration. I produced the album myself this time and it was a great experience. The guys in the band are all great musicians and very easy to work with. All I had to do was to make sure everyone were playing their parts in the best possible way and that was very easy.

M: “Simple Pleasures” has a beautiful dark image. Tell us about the artwork.

CP: Thanks, I like it a lot too! All the pictures of us and the girl on the cover are taken by the same photographer. He has made so many great photos and our designer found the cover girl in our photographer’s archives. Everyone were just "wow this is fucking great, we have to put her on the cover of our next record". When you see this record in the store it somehow makes you a little curious and that’s really important these days.



M: Are you planning to film a video any of your songs? How would you like it to be?

CP: I don’t know. It’s fun to watch and I like videos a lot, but right now it’s more important to put money into other types of promotion.
If we are gonna shoot a video I want it to be with the band throwing ourselves out of a private jet with instruments and parachutes. Most likely it’s gonna be a little more than we can afford at this point, je je.

M: What can we expect about BLOODLIGHTS live on stage?

CP: We’re coming to entertain you and it’s our job to make sure none has a boring night. We’re not using any fancy pyrotechnics but we are four guys with a good attitude, serving you some catchy rock tunes for a little more than an hour. When you leave the house it’s usually with a big fat smile on your face, and a nice girl next to you.

M: What about touring plans?

CP: Right now we’re just doing some shows in Norway. I don’t really like playing Norway, so I’m really looking forward to touring Europe in the end of April. In the middle of May we’re gonna play a lot of shows all over Spain, and this is probably gonna be some our best shows ever. The audience in Spain is the coolest in the whole wide world and we’re really looking forward to go there.

M: What is your opinion about music in our days with the internet and mp3 downloads?

CP: For me it’s just a really boring and negative trend. If I like a band I like to see the artwork and know the names of the songs and the band members. With everything on internet the kids don’t even have the patience to listen to a whole song. They are just skipping between mp3 files with shitty sound and clips on youtube.

M: Thank you very much for your time. Here you have space to write what you want as farewell.
CP: Yeah, and thanks to you. I don’t have much else to say, but I’d like the readers to check out our brand new album "Simple Pleasures" and check out our future plans on:

http://www.myspace.com/bloodlights
http://www.bloodlights.com/
http://www.myspace.com/lenguaarmadalenguajeconstructivo

No hay comentarios:

Lo más visto de la semana en NOIZZ Webzine